The Saratoga Monte Sereno Community Foundation is participating in a feasibility study aimed at determining the viability of restoring and enlarging the Carlson House to serve as a shared-use community center which might provide space for events, meetings, and offices. Built in the 1930’s, the Carlson house has historic significance for the city of Saratoga. It is located on the northwest corner of the West Valley College Campus facing Fruitvale Avenue. Due to lack of resources, the building had not been maintained or in use for many years. A few years ago, West Valley College proposed demolishing the building, but a vocal and passionate community outcry ensued, causing West Valley to abandon that course of action. The building is continuing to deteriorate and it may not be salvageable in the near future. The Saratoga Monte Sereno Community Foundation has teamed up with West Valley College, the Rotary Club of Saratoga, the City of Saratoga and Bob Sheppard (grandson of the original owner of Carlson House) to fund a feasibility study to be completed by San Jose firm Anderson Brule Architects. The study, which is expected to take about 3 months to complete, should result in a conceptual plan and vision for the project. If the study suggests that the project is financially viable, the Saratoga Monte Sereno Community Foundation hopes to support further development of the project business plan and site development.